Last Updated: 3rd August 2023
Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. When you sign up for a YourRide account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number.
Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your YourRide account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Driver Application Information. If you decide to join our YourRide driver community, in addition to the basic registration information we ask you for your date of birth, physical address, driver’s licence and passenger licence information, vehicle information and car insurance information. We share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers to help protect the YourRide community.
Payment Information. To make sure Drivers get paid, we keep information about Drivers’ bank numbers, GST information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the YourRide Platform
Location Information. YourRide is all about connecting Drivers and Passengers. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open YourRide on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background.
Your location information is necessary for things like matching Passengers with nearby Drivers, determining drop off and pick up locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips. In addition to the reasons described above, Drivers’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges for YourRide rides. If you give us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area.
Device Information. YourRide receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the YourRide Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the YourRide Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the YourRide app, and the dates and times of your visits.
User Feedback. At YourRide, we want to make sure Users are always enjoying great rides. Passengers may rate and review each ride at the end of every ride. We receive information about ratings and reviews and, as we explain below, give Passenger’s information about Drivers’ ratings.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the YourRide Platform and interact with YourRide advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the YourRide Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the YourRide Platform.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third Party Services. If you choose to register for YourRide or otherwise link your YourRide account with a third party’s service, we may receive the same type of information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services.
Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Connect Passengers with Drivers;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the YourRide Platform;
- Analyse how the YourRide community uses the YourRide Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Personalize the YourRide experience for you and your friends and contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Passengers and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Drivers for the following purposes related to driving on the YourRide Platform:
- Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;
- Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for YourRide
- Notifying Drivers about ride demand, pricing and service updates
How We Share the Information We Collect
A. Sharing Between Users
Sharing between Passengers and Drivers. Passengers and Drivers that have been matched for a ride are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their Profiles. Drivers see the pick-up location that the Passenger has provided. Passengers see a Driver’s vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the pick-up location. Passengers’ ratings of Drivers are shared with Drivers on a weekly basis. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but we can’t rule out that a driver may be able to identify the Passenger that provided the rating or feedback.
Although we help Passengers and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Passenger or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the YourRide community, YourRide, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- To provide information about the use of the YourRide Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the YourRide Platform.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the YourRide Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Passenger and Driver location is core to the YourRide Platform and without it we can’t provide our services to you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the YourRide community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.